By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: What do those who did not participate in the failed Negotiations in Neum have to say?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > What do those who did not participate in the failed Negotiations in Neum have to say?
POLITICS

What do those who did not participate in the failed Negotiations in Neum have to say?

Published: February 2, 2022
Share
SHARE

There were also those who did not take a ticket to Neum. Whether they foresaw a fiasco or not is hard to conclude. They said they were absent because of Dodik’s destructive policies, some demanded that their proposal for changes to the Election Law be on the Neum negotiating table. Are there those who celebrate contrary to those who regret that we returned from Neum without an agreement. And the practices so far in all negotiations have shown that any agreement, even in the beginning, as soon as it cools down, becomes a disagreement.

What is the real reason for not reaching a concrete agreement in Neum, or at least a closer rapprochement – we can only speculate. Are there are any losers and winners. And can it be viewed that way. Or, in fact, they are all losers. If nothing else, then due to the impossibility to change the law of BiH for 20 years. Those who were absent, however, see the outlines of loss and victory.

“Now we should expect an even more radical HDZ policy because they cannot accept the defeat which they caused. I do not see that they have the democratic capacity to see their own mistakes, nor do they need to be explained those mistakes. On the other hand, the political consensus among the pro-Bosnian parties is commendable when it comes to priorities in this whole process, first reducing the House of Peoples, and not abolishing it on the recommendation of the Venice Commission, and only then discussing the election of members of Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) based on the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights,“ told Zeljko Komsic, President of the Democratic Front (DF).

The largest opposition party in the Federation, the SDP, also watched the talks from Herzegovina from the gallery. They mentioned it is pointless to talk about anything else while attacks on the constitutional and state order are on the scene. Furthermore, the president of this party, Nermin Niksic, stressedthat it is important that the civil parties together refused to participate in the talks. But the question is, is this a comfortable position they have taken while waiting for some outcome?

“Nobody pays too much attention to what we offer, so that no one talks about the civic principle, and that everyone sees how to satisfy the ethnic principle, and we knew that there was nopossibility for such thing, and unfortunately it was right assumption. I was ready to be the first man to congratulate them on reaching a quality agreement. It is enough to assume that the SDP will give in because it is a state-building party, we will not give in anymore, “ noted Niksic.

Nasa stranka (Our party) had its own proposal for changes and asked for it to be discussed in Neum. As it was not an option, they did not show up there, but the failed agreement they expected, they believe, is suitable for the key actors of the meeting in Neum, if nothing else, then due to changes related to the transparency of the election process which, in fact, is most advocated by the opposition in the Federation and in the Republika Srpska (RS).

“The current parties in power, HDZ, SNSD, and SDA, I believethe status quo suits them and that each for its own reasons does not want any progress to happen. Sarovic spoke in the context of improving the integrity of the election process, as did Konakovic. Of course, those anti-corruption forces, including Sarovic and Konakovic, are sorry that the integrity of the election process does not seem to be improving, and I have no doubt that parties like the SDA, HDZ, and SNSD have the goal not to improve that integrity, ” explained the member of the Presidency of Our Party, Damir Arnaut.

For opposition parties, the integrity of the election process is perhaps more important than anything else. But without other changes, these will not come to the negotiating table. As things stand now, the Election Law will be changed in a package. All or nothing. And the negotiations will continue, in a bad, complete, or any composition, because they are not decided only by domestic actors.

E.Dz.

Source: Federalna

 

OSCE Secretary General after Meeting with BiH FM: I call on Everyone to stop using divisive Narratives
Proposal of the Resolution on the Genocide in Srebrenica forwarded to the Assembly of Serbia
Ministry comments on the Case of Admission of Two Children with Disabilities to Kindergarten
BiH has Diplomatic Relations with 173 Countries, but where it does have Embassies?
Key Points of the Coalition Agreement between SDA and SBB B&H
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article RS Politicians are returning to the BiH Parliament with a Proposal of a new Law?
Next Article Group for BiH urges Biden to respond to Threats against BiH Sovereignty
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?