By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Taliban denied Medical Services to Afghan Women without a Male Guardian
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The Taliban denied Medical Services to Afghan Women without a Male Guardian
WORLD NEWS

The Taliban denied Medical Services to Afghan Women without a Male Guardian

Published: January 23, 2024
Share
SHARE

The Taliban continue to suppress women’s rights, and are now denying health care to women unless they are accompanied by a male guardian, according to a new United Nations (UN) report.

The Taliban restrict Afghan women’s access to work, travel and health care if they are single or do not have a male guardian, according to a new UN report released Monday.

The UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan said in its latest report, covering October-December, that the Taliban said women could not move or travel a certain distance without a man related to her by blood or marriage.

In Paktia province in southeastern Afghanistan, the Ministry of Vices and Virtues has banned women without male guardians from accessing health facilities since December.

The UN report stated that three women were detained because they were without a male guardian. They were released only after their families signed a written guarantee that they would not repeat the act, according to a report published on Monday.

The Taliban’s chief spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, said the UN report was largely based on misunderstandings and therefore accused the mission of ignoring or criticizing Islamic law, or sharia.

With an Islamic government in power in Afghanistan, it must “fully implement all aspects of Sharia for both men and women,” Mujahid said in a statement.

The Taliban’s takeover made Afghans’ ability to afford food even worse. By March 2022, an estimated 95% of Afghans did not have enough to eat.

Gallup surveys conducted before the Taliban regained control showed Afghans had been struggling for years to afford food — and women more so than men since 2017. At the time of the Hologic survey in 2021, a record-high 86% of women and 76% of men said there were times when they could not afford food that they or their families needed. Women also disproportionately struggled more than men to afford shelter, according to Gallup.

Photo ©️ Gallup

UN Security Council refuses to permanently lift Sanctions on Iran
Syrian Army Takes Control Of Part Of Aleppo, Kurds Deny Defeat
BiH Delegation on an official Visit to the Holy See in the Vatican
CoE Secretary General: These attacks – all attacks – must end
May promises detailed post-Brexit proposals
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Jusuf Nurkic showed his Mobile Phone Lock Screen (video)
Next Article The Turkish Parliament approved Sweden’s Membership in NATO
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Livno Mayor received the Ambassador of the Netherlands to BiH
May 21, 2026
Schmidt: Bosnia and Herzegovina Must Decide Whether It Wants to Preserve or Undermine Its Future
May 21, 2026
The Process of Collecting Documentation on the Environmental Conditions in Vares has begun
May 21, 2026
Swedish Embassy launches Project for Young first-time Voters
May 21, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?