The construction of the motorway “January 9” from Prnjavor to Banja Luka, should continue on 1st February, if weather conditions permit.
Slobodan Stankovic, the Managing Director of the company “Integral Engineering”, said that there was a disruption in the construction of the motorway in January, but that it was planned, and that all the works will be finished by the end of the year.
“Currently, there is a regular pause in the construction, and the weather conditions do not allow the continuation, so we dismissed the workers for some time. This interruption will not lead to a prolongation of the period of construction and the motorway should be completed by the end of the year, if there is no problem of unresolved property issues”, added Stankovic.
Every part of the constructed motorway is preserved, so the snow will not cause damage to the partially completed sites.
“On the part of the section performed by workers of my company, already 60 to 10 percent of work is completed, while the workers from “Granit company” did a bit less,” said Stankovic.
The construction of other section of the highway, which connects Banja Luka and Doboj, with a length of 35.3 kilometers, began in the fall of 2014. The work is performed by consortium “Integral Engineering” “Laktaši” and “Granit Skoplje”, which built the first section from Doboj to Prnjavor, that is opened in September last year.