Turkish businessman Fatih Kol will construct a luxury hotel in October at the site of a former building Feroelektro in the municipality of Stari Grad Sarajevo.
Remains of this ruined object were removed a few months ago when Zlatko Krainovic, who was the owner of 35 % of the building, sold his shares to Kol. The remaining 65 % of the building was sold to him by the Municipality of Stari Grad, on the territory of which the facility is located, for 3 million BAM.
As a major investor, Kol is planning to build an exclusive hotel with 56 rooms and a garage on five floors, in which he will invest around 10 million EUR. The building is projected in a way to keep the existing horizontal and vertical dimensions of the main streets. The number of floors, the height of facade cornices and exterior architectural decoration is kept as in the original building. Total floors of the building include five levels of underground garage with 85 parking spaces, ground floor, gallery, three floors and a loft.
In order to better use the space, garage space will be increased in relation to the dimensions of the building. The expansion of garage space is planned to the north, in the space below the pedestrian sidewalk, which will provide more parking space in the garage.
“On the ground level will be placed the main entrance, lobby, reception area with offices, vertical communication, changing rooms for employees and an area of the city cafeteria with a bar, seating area and toilets. Above one part of the ground floor will be a gallery including an office, two halls rooms, restrooms and a part intended for seating of guests of cafeteria. On the first, second and third floor will be hotel rooms with the average area of 22-25 m2. In the rooms will be included content that meet the needs of four-star hotel,” said Cole.
He will sign a contract on 100 % ownership of the existing building with the Municipality of Stari Grad. The hotel will be built with modern materials that are required for the desired standard.
According to Kol, the current state of the object is very bad. From the construction remained the facade wall, plates above the ground floor and basement and construction of vertical communication. Floor joists of the first, second and third floors and roof were burned in the bombing in 1992. The rest of the structure was further damaged during the war.
(Source: A. B./Klix.ba)