By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: More than Two Thousand Victims of sexual Abuse by Priests have been identified
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > More than Two Thousand Victims of sexual Abuse by Priests have been identified
WORLD NEWS

More than Two Thousand Victims of sexual Abuse by Priests have been identified

Published: December 22, 2023
Share
SHARE

The investigation so far commissioned by the Catholic Church of Spain into the sexual abuse of children, the perpetrators of which are mainly priests and lay people, has identified 1,383 reports and 2,056 victims, an audit of the investigation showed.

The results of the audit of the current investigation, led by the “Kremades” law firm, were included in a more than 1,000-page report published by the Church.

The Spanish bishops’ conference estimated there were about 1,000 cases of abuse to speak of after cross-examining various reports, which showed some cases may have been dealt with several times, but admitted there were still many unreported cases.

“The data contained in this report will never be definitive. It is important to remember that certain cases of abuse happened too long ago to come to light and that some victims do not want to talk about it,” the statement said.

The announcement emphasizes that the Church is ready to find out about all the cases and help the victims overcome it and prevent similar cases in the future.

According to a survey by the ombudsman for human rights in Spain, almost one in two hundred Spaniards is a victim of sexual abuse by Catholic priests.

The ombudsman sent a report to the parliament in which he criticizes the Church for the lack of full cooperation in the investigation and for trying to minimize everything.

Spain’s Catholic Church, which has issued an apology, said it would pay compensation to victims of sexual abuse in cases that were not closed because the perpetrator died, Srna news agency writes.

Photo: archive

Russia says Ukraine tried to attack Civilian Ships in the Black Sea
Vietnam joined BRICS as a Partner Country
The Rate of Vaccination of Children in the World has fallen, the worst in Sudan
Xi Jinping congratulates 30th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between BiH and China
The national Monument of BiH collapsed in Banja Luka
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry1
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Macron: It’s time to punish Jewish Settlers who threaten Peace in the West Bank
Next Article BiH Minister of Finance: I am convinced that BiH is economically unsustainable
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Contract worth 74 Million BAM signed for the Procurement of new Technologies for Elections in BiH
May 19, 2026
President of the Federation of BiH spoke with the Chargé d’Affaires of the United States Embassy
May 19, 2026
Helez and Hunter discussed Military Cooperation Programs between BiH and Maryland
May 19, 2026
Kerim Alajbegovic Named Player of the Season in the Austrian Bundesliga
May 19, 2026
Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?