By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Netanyahu orders shortened Deadline for Gaza Occupation
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Netanyahu orders shortened Deadline for Gaza Occupation
WORLD NEWS

Netanyahu orders shortened Deadline for Gaza Occupation

Published: August 21, 2025
Share
©️Deposit Photos
SHARE

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced late Wednesday that he had ordered an accelerated occupation of Gaza, ignoring mediators who have been waiting for more than 48 hours for Tel Aviv to respond to a ceasefire proposal.

In a post on the social media platform of the US-based X company, Netanyahu’s office said that, before approving plans to occupy Gaza, he had ordered a reduction in the timeline for taking control of the “last terrorist strongholds and defeating Hamas.”

Earlier on Wednesday, the Israeli military began sending out calls for the mobilization of 60,000 reservists after Defense Minister Israel Katz approved plans to occupy Gaza as part of Operation Gideon’s Chariot 2.

The military launched an operation against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip on May 16, codenamed “Gideon’s Chariot.”

Former Israeli politicians and military officials have acknowledged that the operation failed to achieve its main goals, defeating Hamas and freeing all hostages.

However, the military claimed to have taken control of 75 percent of the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli daily Yedioth Ahronoth reported that the Israeli security cabinet would meet on Thursday to approve the military’s plans for occupying Gaza.

“Meanwhile, behind the scenes, negotiations continue on a hostage swap (of Israelis in Gaza). Netanyahu is less inclined to accept a partial deal that Hamas has agreed to, but the door is not completely closed,” the report said.

“From Netanyahu’s perspective, occupying Gaza could serve as significant pressure on Hamas to agree to a comprehensive deal on Israel’s terms: disarming Hamas, expelling its leaders, and excluding the movement from future government.”

According to Israel’s Channel 14, the army is already operating on the outskirts of Gaza in the Zeitoun neighborhood, and as of Tuesday evening in Jabalia in northern Gaza, as part of preparatory operations before a major offensive.

The channels said the army will redeploy the 98th Division to the Gaza Strip, bringing the total to five divisions in the operation.

A Security Cabinet meeting on Thursday will decide whether to continue talks on a hostage exchange or launch a full-fledged military operation to occupy Gaza.

Netanyahu’s statements and the army’s preparations come as mediators Egypt, Qatar and the United States continue efforts to broker a ceasefire and prisoner exchange after Hamas accepted a new proposal on Monday, to which Israel has been waiting for more than 48 hours for a response.

The proposal outlines a path toward a comprehensive agreement to end the war, preceded by a 60-day cessation of hostilities during which some prisoners would be exchanged and Israeli forces would redeploy to the Gaza Strip with increased humanitarian aid.

But Netanyahu said on Tuesday that “Israel’s policy has not changed and that it is demanding the release of all 50 abductees.”

Since October 2023, Israel has killed more than 62,100 Palestinians in Gaza. The military campaign has devastated the strip, which is facing famine.

Last November, the International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants for Netanyahu and his former defense minister, Yoav Gallant, for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza.

Israel also faces a genocide case before the International Court of Justice over the war in the Gaza Strip, AA writes.

The Hotel that was a Symbol of Yugoslav Luxury is going down in History: It was adorned by a Chandelier with 40.000 Crystals
Drone Attack near the Zaporozhye Nuclear Plant
Blinken and Abbas: Stop the Spread of Conflict from Gaza to the wider Region
Specific Plans to expand the Cooperation between BiH and Maryland
EUFOR Commander Major General Maurizio Fronda visited Liason Observation Team in Vlasenica
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Ray Winstone: The SFF is different from any other Festival that I have been to
Next Article Europe Is Playing A New Game Against Putin: How They Plan To Expose His Bluff And Trap Him
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Kerim Alajbegovic Named Player of the Season in the Austrian Bundesliga
May 19, 2026
Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?