By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Sarajevo expects Growth in Tourist Traffic from Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bahrain over Visa Abolition
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BH TOURISM > Sarajevo expects Growth in Tourist Traffic from Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bahrain over Visa Abolition
BH TOURISM

Sarajevo expects Growth in Tourist Traffic from Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bahrain over Visa Abolition

Published May 5, 2026
Share
SHARE

The temporary lifting of visas for citizens of Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bahrain is one of the most significant measures for improving tourist traffic in the Sarajevo Canton, and Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Sarajevo Canton Tourist Board told Fena news agency.

“These are markets that already have a strong emotional and tourist connection with our destination, and additional facilitation of entry sends a clear message of openness and welcome. We expect a strong effect already this season – a higher number of arrivals, longer stays of guests and significantly higher tourist spending,” the Sarajevo Canton Tourist Board states.

They add that this is a concrete step towards strengthening the position of Bosnia and Herzegovina as one of the most desirable destinations for guests from that region.

The Sarajevo Canton Tourist Board emphasizes that based on current trends and new facilitations, they expect significant growth in tourist traffic from that region compared to last year.

A strong return of the Saudi Arabian market is especially expected, with continued growth from Oman and Bahrain.

“With improved air connectivity and intensive promotional activities, it is realistic to talk about double-digit growth in arrivals and overnight stays, which would further strengthen these markets’ position among the most important for our tourism,” emphasized the TZKS.

During 2025, according to statistical data from the Sarajevo Canton Tourist Board, the Sarajevo Canton was visited by a significant number of tourists from the Persian Gulf countries, led by Saudi Arabia with 52,930 arrivals and 178,431 overnight stays, Oman with 2,928 arrivals and 9,877 overnight stays, and Bahrain with 1,240 arrivals and 5,272 overnight stays.

“These results clearly show that these are markets with great growth potential, especially in the context of measures such as visa liberalization and continuous investment in the promotion and accessibility of the destination,” said the TZKS.

Turkish Airlines re-established Flights between Istanbul and Sarajevo

Take a Look at Beautiful Video showing Snow in Sarajevo

Eurowings connected German City and Mostar

Some Of Europe’s Best Skiing? Bosnia-Herzegovina of Course!

Most of the Snow on Vlasic Mountain, Ski Slopes are getting prepared

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Honoring the Innocent: Remembrance Day for the Murdered Children of Sarajevo
Next Article Civil Servants, Police Officers, Military Personnel in BiH can receive Gifts up to 300 BAM
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Court Policeman seriously wounded in the Building of the Municipal Court in Mostar
May 6, 2026
Story about Children in besieged Sarajevo that Everyone should read
May 6, 2026
Trump: If Iran accepts Conditions, the Conflict will end, otherwise – Bombing
May 6, 2026
Students from Citluk make Fuel from Vineyard Waste
May 6, 2026
Chairman of BiH Presidency meets NATO’s Deputy Secretary General
May 6, 2026
HDZ 1990 and Partners Reach Landmark Agreement on Joint Candidate for BiH Presidency
May 6, 2026
Initiative Launched in the Sarajevo Canton Assembly to Introduce SOS Bracelets
May 6, 2026
Brammertz in Sarajevo with Victims’ Associations: No Freedom for Mladic and Others Convicted of Genocide
May 6, 2026
Canton Sarajevo Assembly adopts Set of Laws in Internal Affairs
May 6, 2026
Rajko Kasagic, the first Post-war Prime Minister of the RS, passed away
May 6, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?