By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: US blacklists Company which Dodik used to evade the Sanctions
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > US blacklists Company which Dodik used to evade the Sanctions
WORLD NEWS

US blacklists Company which Dodik used to evade the Sanctions

Published November 6, 2024
Share
©️Reuters
SHARE

The U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) on Wednesday sanctioned Vladimir Perišić and the company Elpring, which it says support a corrupt network of patrons in Bosnia and Herzegovina that is attempting to evade U.S. sanctions.

The statement said the network is directly linked to Igor Dodik, the son of Milorad Dodik, the president of Republika Srpska. It added that Dodik has used his official position for years to amass personal wealth through companies linked to him and Igor, and that this corruption has contributed to undermining public trust in BiH’s state institutions and the rule of law.

“RS President Milorad Dodik, his associates, and his enablers continue to use their privileged positions to undermine public confidence in the regional peace frameworks and institutions that have brought stability and security to Bosnia and Herzegovina,” said U.S. Under Secretary for Counterterrorism and Financial Intelligence Bradley T. Smith, adding that the United States remains committed to exposing Dodik and his family’s efforts to maintain their corrupt patronage networks.

“Today’s action reinforces previous allegations against Dodik by exposing Igor’s blatant attempts to evade U.S. sanctions and targeting individuals who enable the family’s activities that hinder democratic development in RS,” the statement said.

The United States sanctioned Dodik on January 5, 2022, for being responsible for or complicit in violating the Dayton Peace Agreement or for an act that obstructed or threatened the implementation of the Dayton Peace Agreement, or for directly or indirectly participating in it, as well as for corrupt activities. The United States previously sanctioned Dodik on July 17, 2017.

In addition, on October 20, 2023, the United States sanctioned Dodik’s adult children, Igor and Gorica Dodik, for materially assisting, sponsoring, or providing financial, material, or technological support, or goods or services or support to Dodik.

Dodik’s attempts to enrich himself led to OFAC designating key parts of Dodik’s corrupt patronage network on October 20, 2023 and June 18, 2024, respectively. Since his appointment, Dodik’s network has pursued an aggressive strategy in an attempt to circumvent the effects of sanctions, by restructuring and re-establishing corporate entities to conceal his control and transfer company assets from certain entities.

“Dodik has used his official position to direct RS government contracts to a network of private companies that he and Igor oversee. While Igor controls many of the companies in this network, he conceals his personal connection to the companies by relying on various nominee owners and directors. One of these individuals is Vladimir Perišić, CEO of Prointer ITSS, who was designated by OFAC on June 18, 2024. As CEO of Prointer, a company controlled by Igor, Perišić provided Igor with updates, sought Igor’s approval and direction, and executed business decisions at Igor’s direction,” the statement said.

Following the sanctioning of Kaldera on June 18, 2024, Igor instructed Milenko Čičić to establish Elpring d.o.o. Laktaši, which would serve as a replacement for Kaldera. With Igor’s approval, Čičić founded Elpring and coordinated the transfer of all Kaldera assets and operations, including Kaldera employees, to Elpring. Throughout this process, Čičić routinely sought Igor’s approval for key business decisions and ensured that both Igor and he would have an Elpring account over which they could exercise control.

Perišić and Elpring were sanctioned for owning or controlling, or acting or allegedly acting for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, Igor, a person whose assets and interests in assets were blocked.

Over 130,000 Detained in Paris Following New Year’s Eve Riots

Becirovic at the UN: “Painful Experience from my BiH shows that the Indecision of the UN leads to tragic Consequences”

White House considering reducing Tariffs on Chinese Goods as Part of Negotiations

Partnership between Egypt, Japan reach Three Billion US Dollars

President of Taiwan: Relations with China will be determined by the Will of the People

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Palace of the Republika Srpska in Banja Luka in the Colors of the American Flag
Next Article How Traffic Accidents in Sarajevo were reported in 1938
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Muzaferija concluded her Olympic Performance and sent an important Message to State Institutions
February 16, 2026
Russia harshly criticized the ‘false’ Claims that Navalny was poisoned
February 16, 2026
EU and its Member States provide specialized Equipment to the BiH Border Police
February 16, 2026
Five Persons, including Minors, detained by the Police during Protests
February 16, 2026
The Citizens’ Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina Process Begins
February 16, 2026
Nihad Uk resigned from the Position of Prime Minister of Sarajevo Canton
February 15, 2026
Cantonal Court refuses to Order One Month Detention to Tram Driver
February 15, 2026
Third Protests in Sarajevo after Tram Accident
February 15, 2026
Bosniak Returnees near Foca without Electricity for More Than 30 Years after the War
February 15, 2026
New Protests scheduled for Today in BiH’s Capital
February 15, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?