By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Iranian President: The Country is still functioning after the Bombing of my Office
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Iranian President: The Country is still functioning after the Bombing of my Office
WORLD NEWS

Iranian President: The Country is still functioning after the Bombing of my Office

Published: March 3, 2026
Share
SHARE

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said his country “did not stop” after the bombing of his office, Sky News reports.

Pezeshkian, who took office in 2024, said some powers had been delegated to provinces in Iran during the conflict.

On his platform X, he announced: “We are in direct contact with the governors. The situation is exceptional, but the country has not stopped. Activities continue throughout the country.”

Israeli army attacks

The message comes after the Israeli military said it attacked the “most important and central” command center in Tehran, which includes the presidential office, during a strike last night.

The Israeli army also announced that it had recently attacked a high-ranking Iranian commander in the capital.

Pezeshkian sits on the three-member interim council that took over from Khamenei after his death on Saturday.

Iran announced on Tuesday that the current war with the United States of America and Israel will end “when the aggression stops”, reports Anadolu.

Speaking to reporters at a primary school hit by the US-Israeli attack in Tehran, Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said the war “was not started by Iran, whose choice was diplomacy”.

The United States and Israel launched a large-scale offensive against Iran on Saturday, killing nearly 800 people, including Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and senior military officials, Iranian sources said.

The attack came days after the US and Iran held a third round of indirect nuclear talks brokered by Oman. Baghaei said that many in Iran opposed negotiations with the US, recalling the previous experience when Israel and the US attacked the country last June.

The spokesman called on the United Nations Security Council and the international community to intervene “before the war spreads to other areas”.

Iran, as he stated, “promised to fight with all its strength in this battle”, adding that the focus is primarily on defending the country from attacks.

“In the past year and a half, we have had many contradictory and misleading messages. Now is the time for war and defense of the homeland. Everything that distracts our attention must be put aside,” he said.

Baghaei pointed out that Iran has repeatedly warned about the “inactivity and indifference” of the international community towards rights violations.

“The world watched the genocide and did not react; it witnessed aggression against neighboring countries and did not respond. We have repeatedly warned that if the world – especially countries that claim to respect the rule of law and that played a key role in shaping the international normative system and the UN Charter – does not act, the fire of lawlessness and rebellion will engulf all countries,” he said.

Iran has so far launched 15 waves of missile and drone strikes against Israel and US targets in the region, including Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Many of these countries condemned the Iranian attacks as unjustified.

Germany’s Annalena Baerbock elected President of the 80th General Assembly
Departure of BiH Citizens: The economic factor is decisive, but not the only One
Fostering Accountability and Access to Justice Through Legislative Reform
BiH and Italy sign Agreement on Mutual Recognition of Driver Licences
Mechanism President hosts Round Table with Judges and Officials of the Court of BiH
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad1
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Increased Number of Blocked Business Accounts in BiH
Next Article Ambassador Dokic: 156 Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina Expected to Arrive from the UAE Today
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?