By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Netanyahu: Israel to begin Talks on Gaza Ceasefire, Hostage Release
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Netanyahu: Israel to begin Talks on Gaza Ceasefire, Hostage Release
WORLD NEWS

Netanyahu: Israel to begin Talks on Gaza Ceasefire, Hostage Release

Published: August 22, 2025
Share
SHARE

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Thursday that Israel would immediately begin negotiations to free Gaza hostages and end the nearly two-year war on terms acceptable to Israel.

Addressing soldiers stationed in Gaza, Netanyahu said he had met with commanders and approved plans to capture Gaza City and destroy Hamas.

“At the same time, I have given instructions to immediately begin negotiations to release all our hostages and end the war on terms acceptable to Israel,” he said. “We are in the decision-making phase.”

The Israeli military continued to press on with the Gaza Strip on Thursday. On Wednesday, it called up 60,000 reservists, suggesting the government is pressing ahead with the plan despite international condemnation.

The mobilization of tens of thousands of troops is likely to take weeks, giving mediators time to try to bridge differences over a new ceasefire proposal that Hamas has accepted, to which Israel has yet to respond.

The plan calls for a 60-day ceasefire, the release of 10 live hostages held by Hamas in Gaza, and 18 bodies. In return, Israel would free 200 Palestinian prisoners.

Israel had previously demanded that Hamas release all 50 hostages at once. Israeli officials believe 20 are alive.

Trump claims that Israel will certainly not attack Iran
World Bank: Economic and energy reforms are necessary for the further progress of BiH
Michael Schumacher’s Watches fetch Millions at Auction
Montenegro adopted the Proposal on the Construction of an cross-border Bridge with BiH
Where are we on the Way to NATO – a Step closer to Membership, or better Cooperation?
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Dafoe: I am very glad to see Sarajevo thriving, just like the Sarajevo Film Festival
Next Article Sarajevo Municipal Court releases Abdulaziz Musa
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?