By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Unemployed Veterans will receive an Increase in Subsistence Allowance
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Unemployed Veterans will receive an Increase in Subsistence Allowance
POLITICS

Unemployed Veterans will receive an Increase in Subsistence Allowance

Published August 16, 2023
Share
SHARE

Prime Minister of Tuzla Canton, Irfan Halilagić, announced today an increase in subsistence allowance for unemployed demobilized fighters who receive this allowance from the cantonal budget by 20 percent, starting from September this year.

He and the Minister of Veteran Affairs, Senada Dizdarević, spoke today with the delegation of the Coordination of Veterans’ Organizations and Associations of the Tuzla Canton, led by the president of the Coordination, Edin Muhamedović.

Representatives of the Coordination informed the authorities about the challenges faced by members of the veteran categories, and Prime Minister Halilagić and Minister Dizdarević expressed their understanding and emphasized the necessity of adapting continuous support to the veterans to the current socio-economic situation.

“We are aware of inflation, that the purchasing power of all citizens, including those who have given the most for Bosnia and Herzegovina, is declining. That is why last year we made considerable efforts and worked to increase the income of all persons for whom Tuzla Canton takes care” , said Halilagić.

He added that this year, in accordance with the financial capabilities of the Canton and the state of the budget, an additional step forward will be made towards the most vulnerable category of fighters, which are certainly unemployed fighters.

“After last year’s increase in compensation by 25 percent, this year we are ready to consider the expressed need and our possibilities for an additional step forward, and we plan to increase that compensation by an additional 20 percent, thus showing our concern for unemployed fighters,” said Minister Dizdarević.

Among other things, they discussed the admission of children from veteran categories to secondary and higher education institutions, as well as the necessity of marking certain important dates from the past, the Information Department of the Government of Tuzla Canton announced.

Borenovic: RS is sliding towards Economic Sanctions

Komsic: Everything that has been done so far to eliminate Evil has not yielded Results

The leaders of HDZ and SDS in Sarajevo today

Members of BIH Presidency Will Visit French President Today

BiH Foreign Minister: This is a Momentum that BiH should not miss

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The City Administration of Banjaluka condemned the Protests on the Day of Mourning
Next Article Sarajevo Mayor: I request the Resignation of the Person responsible for the Omission at SFF
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Ministry Dismisses Allegations: We Did Not Ban Protests; Students Have the Right to Seek Justice
February 18, 2026
Three Decades of Diplomatic Relations Celebrated at Japan’s National Day Reception
February 17, 2026
Chairman of BiH Presidency meets the newly appointed Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to BiH
February 17, 2026
With Nihad Uk’s Resignation, Our Party Distances Itself from the Troika
February 17, 2026
Young People demand Responsibility and the Right to Protest, Accusations against the Minister
February 17, 2026
EU Introduces Customs Duties on Packages Worth Less Than €150 – What It Means for Online Shopping from BiH
February 17, 2026
Analysis: Statistical Overview of the State of the Labor Market in BiH
February 17, 2026
EUFOR Commander and Helez agree to strengthen Training and Interoperability of the Armed Forces of BiH
February 17, 2026
Carriers Demand Urgent Session of BiH CoM, Warn of New Protests and Border Blockades
February 17, 2026
New Factory to Open 15 Jobs in BiH Through Austrian Investment
February 17, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?